Alma - The Mermaid
In my mind a clay sculpture should be something pleasant, cheerful and thought provoking. There are many unpleasant things in life. I don't want to create more of them. - Lester Jones
"Honestly, I can not explain where this desire to make mermaids come from. When I created my first raku fired mermaid, I was amazed at how well my homemade metallic copper green glaze worked with the mermaid's body suit. It was a good match with the honey brown complexion I use with most of my sculptures".
Compare Alma with Melody the mermaid.
- Alma sits 6" x 6" x 6" and weighs 1.8 lbs.
- She has rows of braided clay hair.
- Alma complexion is cocoa brown!.
- Her body suit is a textured metallic copper.
- She wears two antique black wire spiral necklaces.
- Alma is ready to retire, and come out of the water
- She will bring happiness to your home!
Instant Message or Chat with me.
Check out our Shipping and Return policy
I was surprised when this customer purchased not one but TWO large Mermaids at the spring TN Crafts Fair in Nashville TN. These are Alma's sisters!