Dakari - meaning filled with joy
is one of a new 2022 series of tribal masks that are mounted on wood.
I started making art soon after seeing authentic African artwork at the Smithsonian Museum of African Art. I was in total awe.
Dakari is 7” x 10 x 1 and weighs 2.19lbs.
- Dakari has a mysterious smile.
- His face is two tone cocoa brown and speckled silvery gold.
- There are more than 50 earth tone handmade raku fired beads
- Over 100 mini 6mm multi colored beads
- Over 60 feet of 16 and 24 gauge twisted wire for hair!
- Dakari took about two weeks to complete!